May 03, 2024, 06:18:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Pray for the revival of the saints that we would have an organic ground of the Oneness for the church in Toledo
Acts 13:1a "Now there were at Antioch, in the church that was."
Now there were at Toledo, in the church that is.

CLICK HERE: VIRTUAL RADIO STATION ONLINE BROADCASTING LINK ! ON AIR !

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lord, saturate me, permeate me.  (Read 176 times)
truly an Israelite
Administrators
Levitical Pursuit

« on: February 21, 2020, 05:41:09 PM »

When you read the Bible, there is a secret you have to keep. Reading the Bible is not reading a newspaper, a magazine or a novel. The Bible itself, to the core, is humanity, and that requires a mingling process. How can the Lord speak to you if your being is not mingled, not permeated by what you are taking in? The way we enjoy the Bible is not reading information; it is a saturating, a mingling with the Lord's speaking. So, when you come to the Bible, give yourself time in between the words to be saturated; at least give yourself a moment to let the words sink in. I do not mean you need to stop at every word, but there is an attitude, there is a condition when you read the Bible. You have to say, "Lord, saturate me, permeate me," so that your being is ready; you are the recipient, like a sponge, so that the Lord's word will not leak out.
Our person (being) is a recipient, not our mind. So, the Word to you is life, not logic. When you are reading the Bible, you cannot use the fallen part of humanity. When you read the Bible, the Bible is ridiculously illogical. We may think we understand the Bible; we probably don't. Do you know why? Because we are overly complicated, we miss the pure and single part of the nature of God's word. We need to tune the radio. Suddenly when you tune to the pure zone, all of the noise disappears so that you only receive the pure signal. Let yourself be saturated. You don't need noises. You cannot pray while you listen to the radio. You cannot watch TV and pray. You cannot interact with the Lord, yet on the back of your mind you have your philosophy. Drop this. Let this humanity be saturated!
(Above are notes of fellowship taken from a gathering on February 9th, 2020 not reviewed by the speaker.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: